July 2012- January 2014

Friday, September 28, 2012


Hi Y’all,
Can I just say that I am a PROUD AGGIE!  I heard my team beat the U, and then the U beat BYU. So….. Pretty much Utah State #1. Wow. I wish I were there…. I probably would actually go to the football games.
It’s been another splendid week in Texas! On the bright side, I am feeling so much better….. On the not so bright side, my companion got sick. So we were house ridden for another day this past week.  She had something similar to the flu. But we still had an awesome week!
On Monday night, we taught our ladies lesson. My companion and I take a great deal of preparation for these lately because we are trying to help our friend get an answer if whether she should join the church. Well, we felt like we should teach last weeks lesson on personal revelation. We modeled the lesson after a mormon message series that we saw by Elder Bednar, called “Patterns of Light”. It’s amazing. You should watch it http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng#patterns-of-light-the-light-of-christ . We showed these videos throughout the lesson. And it was really powerful. The spirit was so strong and our friend committed to reading her scriptures and praying everyday so she can get an answer, even before we asked if she would. She committed herself three separate times before the end of the lesson. The Spirit can do amazing things y’all.
On to another amazing lesson...We met another friend in a park. We taught about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We started the lesson and it was going well. When we got to the part that we talked about Joseph Smith, all of our friends concerns came out.  And basically our friend knows change is what is needed. Our friend said, “It’s like a battle between wills, Gods and mine, and I know that I need to submit my will to God’s will." I know our friend has been prepared for this!  At  the end of the lesson, we asked if our friend got the confirmation that the things we taught were true, and would our friend be baptized. The answer was “Yes!” We set the date for in October! Since then, we have seen our friend almost every day. We have had some great lessons, about chastity (not as awkward as I thought it would be), temple, and read Moroni 10. One day our friend had some temptations instead of acting on it, pulled out the Book of Mormon and read! AH!!!! Isn’t our friend great!
I don’t know about in Utah, be there sure is a lot of excitement going on about the upcoming elections. Because of Romney’s faith, all of the denominations in Amarillo asked if they can hold a meeting in OUR stake center. What an amazing opportunity to explain to others what we believe in a sacred building! I had a dream about Mitt Romney earlier this week. It was a nightmare. I was talking to Mitt and he told me that he decided he wasn’t going to pay his tithing anymore because all his money needed to go to his campaign. Wow, I am now an official missionary because THAT is my worst nightmare. Haha
Aw…. I love you all so much! Thanks for your love and support! I sure am blessed to have the family and friends that I have to love and support me. The mission would be a whole lot harder without y’all. Dad, Thanks for always honoring and upholding your priesthood. Mom, I feel so blessed that I was raised in a loving home where the spirit can always be felt. I definitely took that for granted. So many don’t have that here.  And it is definitely something I want in my future home! Love you!
Love, Sister Laura Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment