July 2012- January 2014

Tuesday, February 19, 2013


I survived another week in Lubbock, Texas. So this week I had some pretty neat experiences, then some sour ones. But it’s a new week! To finish the rest of P-day, we went to this park and climbed some metal horses. I have heard all the missionaries talk about it so I was expecting something really awesome. But I soon came to realize that it was just one of those things that only missionaries think is cool because there isn’t much else you can do in Lubbock. But nonetheless, we climbed them! I was slightly terrified because I was on the tallest one. And everyone just stood around laughing. But I did it. And I have the pictures to prove it. We also went to a little place called ransom canyon. Basically a baby Utah.
This week I did exchanges with another sister missionary! She is really an awesome missionary from Indiana and she is a convert. We went out to work in Levelland and had some really neat experiences. We met a girl who is thrilled to learn about the Gospel. My companion and I went back to meet with her on Friday and she is working on preparing herself for baptism! We also met with our other friends while we were out there. And our Bishop came with us. He was a great help for them! He was a convert and can relate to a lot of things they are going through. We made some headway with them, I’m really hoping they progress. One of them really ponders on the things we talk about after we leave, the spirit works on him. He had a hard time with the priesthood and why it was necessary. Later, he texts us and tells us that he has thought more about it and the priesthood is a good concept. “How do I be a part of it?” “Well…. You have to be baptized.” “Ah….. I see what you plan is!” haha He gets this idea that all we are here to do is baptize him. But he really does recognize truth.
So this week we get transfer calls. I know for sure there will be some change. But I just don’t know how much will change! I’ll let you know next Monday!
I love you!
Love, Sister Luke
IMG_0090[1].JPG
I celebrated my 7 eleven day! 7 months down, 11 to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment