July 2012- January 2014

Wednesday, February 13, 2013



So good to hear from you this week! 

This week went by in a blur. Our friend's baptism went well. She is such a sweet girl who has experienced a lot for being so young. The opportunity to have a new beginning was such a blessing in her life. She is an amazing girl! I’m so grateful I got to teach her, in turn I learned so much! She has so much to offer in this ward and I can’t wait to see her continue to grow in the gospel.

We got to see both of our other friends this week. One is struggling with the commitment that the church entails. He’s never been a part of a church and I think that really intimidates him. The other shares the gospel with all of his friends but has stopped coming to church and reading. We are trying to find out what is going on with him. He is super busy. We are meeting with both of them this week so hopefully we can make some headway with both! They are both really awesome, good kids! I know it is going to work out.

We met with a person who requested a “bible study” on Mormon.org. He told us that he wanted to bring a couple friends also. We thought, “Perfect!” more people to share the gospel with! Well, turns out his friend was a minister for the students here on campus. Well…. In moments like that I’m usually shaking in my boots. But I felt really peaceful and calm in the situation. The guy that we were teaching wanted biblical proof on every concept we talked about, and refused to come to church because we didn’t ‘convince’ him. The lesson didn’t necessarily go well, but I definitely felt the truth of our message as we were teaching it. I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost to be with me in those situations to give me the confidence I need.

Oh I want to tell you about one more person I met this week! She investigated the church about a year ago and wanted to get baptized. Her mother told her that she couldn’t get baptized as long as she was under 18. She would sneak out to go to early morning seminary and her mom put an end to that. Well, her birthday is coming up and she is still determined as ever. She is trying to arrange places that she can stay after she is baptized because she is pretty sure her mother will kick her out.  So you’ll probably hear more about her. Hopefully I’m still around to work with her! I have so much respect for this girl!

Thanks for your support. I’m still happy and well here in Texas! Things are going great! 
Love, Sister Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment