July 2012- January 2014

Thursday, March 21, 2013


IMG_0149[1].JPGGood Morning,

Earlier this week, I was heartbroken when I realized it was March for a number of reasons….. First because my mission is going by much faster than I’d like it to and second…… I won’t be able to participate in March Madness! I started plotting on how I could still participate. Even talked with a member about printing a bracket out for me and I would send it to y’all…. But then I thought it could potentially strain some of my relationships with SOME of my family members.  You know…. Having your little sister beat you when she had access to information on teams is one thing….. But having your little sister beat you when she is far removed from the news on the NCAA games is quite another. SO I decided against it. I’m excited to hear the unraveling of these next couple weeks. And don’t worry; I’ll be back next year to put ya'll in your place. Haha.

So this week had some difficulties because of spring break. (like a mini Christmas break…. Are you tired of hearing me complain about student holidays yet? ) But we were able to continue to work hard and find success! We were definitely able to see the little tender mercies of the Lord that just made me love Missionary work so much more.

One experience in particular was when we met with two guys who were over at a recent convert’s home when we went to visit. We got on to the subject of prayer and faith and how they work together. The spirit was definitely strong and guiding me and my companion's words. At the end of our conversation, we asked if we could leave with a prayer. We got down on our knees and asked one of the boys to say it. He was nervous, but accepted our invitation. As soon as he opened the Spirit was felt even stronger. The heavens were opened and he offered a very sincere prayer.

Another experience with prayer is last Monday night we met with someone that we had taught once. He offered the closing prayer which was full of determination to read and study to gain his testimony back. There wasn’t a dry eye in the room. I’m so grateful for this opportunity to be a representative of Christ so that I can be a part of these sweet little miracles.

This week, we have met some amazing people and my faith has been strengthened so much. This church is true! This gospel is the path that will bring us true happiness and everlasting joy. And I know that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior. Thanks for your love and support, I wouldn’t be where I am today without a loving family and supportive friends.

Love, Sister Luke

Ate Fried Cheese!

IMG_0171[1].JPG


No comments:

Post a Comment