July 2012- January 2014

Thursday, March 14, 2013



Man, this week flew by. I feel like I say that a lot, but today I really mean it. I’ve never been so focused on one of my investigators before. I think it was because all my thoughts, prayers, and studies were on how to best help my friend prepare for baptism. When we spoke with her on Monday she was sharing her doubts with us. . We fasted for her midweek and it truly produced miracles. We had a couple really amazing lessons, one in particular was with our bishop. Amazing Man. He too is a convert from a home that has negative feelings about the church. His testimony proved to be the confirmation that she needed. She is a strong girl and I am so impressed with her. I keep telling her that, “God has something great he is preparing you for.” I wholeheartedly believe that. All the trials and tribulations that we go through, while they might seem ridiculously hard, are for our benefit.
At her baptism I realized how much I take this restored gospel for granted. It is one of the greatest gifts God has given us. I was talking with her on Sunday after she had received the Gift of the Holy Ghost and she was telling me that she has already started to see the blessings of the gift of the Holy Ghost. Answers to some of her questions (and her mother’s questions) are already coming to her by the power of the Holy Ghost. I feel so blessed that I have that gift to discern what truth is and what is not. Because there is a lot of counterfeits out there that may look appealing and right, but we have that still small voice that is our guide throughout this life. How blessed are we!

There are some other great people that we are working with who are really progressing! Man, I just love this work. It really brings me a lot of happiness. Great things are happening here in the College Park Ward! I love you all so much! Thanks for your love and support!

Love, Sister Luke


No comments:

Post a Comment