July 2012- January 2014

Saturday, March 9, 2013



Hi!
Holy cow…. What a week. It seriously feels like I was emailing just yesterday! It really went by so fast, full of awesome experiences.  But I guess first and foremost, we met with our friend on Tuesday as planned. And it was an amazing lesson. That girl has so much faith. And her testimony is so strong in the gospel, it brought me to tears. I guess anxiously waiting for over a year will do that to you! You can definitely tell that she is converted to the Lord. I wish you could have heard her testify of the Prophet Joseph Smith, of being baptized by the proper authority, and doing the Lords will even when things are hard. I’ve never personally met someone who has such a desire to do Gods will. While her testimony is so strong, we have also seen how Satan is attacking her with all his might. Her family is proving to be the only stumbling block in her getting baptized. But she is determined and set her baptismal date for this weekend. That has only made the adversary work harder. Needless to say, she is in my prayers constantly. This experience made me realize that it is needful to have opposition in all things. If it were easy, it wouldn’t be worth it! On a large scale such as my friend's example, or a small like me dragging myself out of bed at 6:30 am. I know that the opposition is all for our benefit and makes us stronger more devoted servants to the Lord.
We had a couple funny experiences at church yesterday. I’ll tell you my favorite. We are teaching this kid. He is a funny sort, and is…. Well. A free spirit. Well, he decided to bear his testimony at church. He gets up and shares this experience he had while he was in the rainforest. He tells this story about how he was driving on a beautiful clear day when the car flipped and he fell down the mountain. He was unconscious for a full day and when he woke up, he found that half of his bones were broken. He said that that experience changed his life. He said he had a vision after that and was told to receive the Holy Spirit, he needed to travel to Malaysia and carry baby goats up the mountain. Then he SLAPPED the podium and said. “Nah, I’m just kidding.” I tell you what that kid had me going he is good at telling stories, too good. Then he said, “today I learned that the Holy Ghost speaks to us all differently. Which I’m grateful for.” Then he came down from off the stand. Oh man, it was so funny. But I didn’t tell him that because I thought I shouldn’t encourage that behavior….
Church was also awesome because we had a lot less active members come that we visited this past week. So that was awesome.
We’ve had a really good week here in Lubbock. I am learning and growing so much! I love y’all and take care this week!
Love, Sister Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment